Kummara's Family and Child Connect is located at Ground Floor 16 East Street Ipswich. There is some parking available and bus and train stops are close by. Drop in's are welcome or give us a ring (32813708) and we can come to you to provide assistance.
The Family and Child Connect service is delivered at a number of sites across Queensland and our site in Ipswich is operated in partnership with Mercy Community Services providing Intensive Family Support and inCommunity Inc leading the Local Level Alliance of services.
Family and Child Connect helps vulnerable families connect with services they need to safely care for their children at home. The service helps families access the help they need before problems escalate.
- considers information we receive with a focus on the safety and protection of children
- makes contact with the family to discuss the situation, recognising that sometimes parents and families just need a little help
- In partnerships with the family, we identify the type and level of support that may be required for the family
- With your permission we connect each family to services that may assist their situation.
What support is provided?
Parents can seek support through the service to:
- develop parenting skills and managing child behaviour
- build better relationships between family members, including help with any violence at home
- improve budgeting and managing money
- manage alcohol, drug or gambling problems
- access housing, healthcare or other community or government services.
The service can also link families to more intensive support services that help families stay together.
What if my family needs help?
There are many people in the community who are there to help families and children, for example, doctors, nurses and teachers.
If they are concerned about a family’s situation, they can contact Family and Child Connect for advice and let them know that the family might need some help.
Other members of the community can also contact Family and Child Connect for information, advice and support, including parents, other family members and young people.
Contact your local service
Family and Child Connect can also visit a family at home or a place that is mutually convenient and safe to talk.
If you would like to make contact or refer a family or child to your local Family and Child Connect service you can:
- Call: 13 Family or 13 32 64 to be directed to the closest office
We deliver our Ipswich service (Family and Child Connect) in partnership with Ipswich Independent Youth Service and Mercy Community Services. The service is funded by the Queensland Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services as part of a statewide intitiative to support families earlier.
If you would like to make contact or refer a family or child to our Family and Child Connect service:
Call 13 FAMILY or 13 32 64 to be referred to the closest office.
Access government information on the website attached to this link:
Or talk to us in person:
Kummara Family and Child Connect is located on the Ground Floor 16 East Street Ipswich
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm